Breakfast Seminar Series – Managing the Aging Workforce
5 April @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Presented by Kecia Podetz and Amanda Sarginson
With an aging population, the abolishment of mandatory retirement, and the financial need of many Canadians to keep working for longer come unique challenges, many of which the executives, corporate counsel, and human resources practitioners within your organization may already be experiencing.
Please join our lawyers on April 5, 2017, as they share practical tips for organizations to avoid falling prey to costly stereotypes, and confidently navigate the legal requirements related to managing older workers.
Topics to be addressed include:
- The challenges associated with the post-mandatory retirement workplace
- How and when to manage the performance of long service, older employees, and how to determine if they are able to perform the essential duties of the position
- Possible accommodations for older workers that have age, disability and/or family status-related needs
- Transitioning aging employees from full-time employment to retirement: the benefits, risks and how tos of offering voluntary early retirement incentives
- Issues related to the termination of older workers, including the potential for longer notice periods and human rights claims
1 CPD Hour for HRPA Members