- This event has passed.
2019 Labour Arbitration Update: The Year in Review
9 October @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
For Managers, Human Resources and Labour Relations professionals, keeping on top of the important arbitration decisions that affect your unionized workplace is a critical task. Join us as our lawyers review and present the merits and implications of some of this year’s key arbitration decisions. Participants will be provided with an understanding of the current state of the law, as well as practical implications for best practices in their workplace.
Specific topics will include:
- Disability-related misconduct, accommodating addicted employees who breach workplace rules
- Workplace harassment investigations two years after #MeToo
- Family status accommodation in the workplace
- Accommodating medical cannabis use in the workplace and undue hardship
- Benefit disputes at arbitration: Benefits for employees working past age 65. Enforceability of limitations on bargained benefits outside the collective agreement.
- Other developments
- This event is accredited for 1 CPD hour for HRPA members.
- This event qualifies for 1 substantive hour of the CPD requirement of the LSO.
You can attend this Breakfast Seminar in person or via webcast.
Please note that tickets are available online until October 8, 12:00 pm ET. Please be aware that this event will be recorded. By attending in person, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the privacy statement.
Emond Harnden is proud to host this event as a webcast for those who cannot attend in person.