- This event has passed.
Breakfast Seminar Series – 2017 Employment Law Year End Wrap Up
1 February, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 9:15 am
As an executive, corporate counsel, human resources practitioner or other professional responsible for human resources within your organization, it is important to keep abreast of legal issues affecting the workplace, but it is often difficult to find the time to dedicate to remaining current.
In this fast-paced breakfast seminar, our lawyers will summarize for you the most important employment law and legislative developments from 2017. These short summaries will provide you with a bottom line analysis of the implications of each of these key developments, to help you better understand the current legal landscape as we move ahead into 2018.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Termination Clauses
- Law of Mitigation
- Damages Update
- Bill 148 and the Employment Standards Act’s many changes
- Employment Insurance Act: Review of extended parental leave and other changes
- Cannabis Act: Legal marijuana and the workplace
- Other recent case law and legislative developments
1 CPD Hour for HRPA Members
Contact us for more information regarding your HRPA Continuing Professional Development requirement.