- This event has passed.
Breakfast Seminar Series – 2018 Employment Law Year End Wrap Up
7 February, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
As an executive, corporate counsel, human resources practitioner or other professional responsible for human resources within your organization, it is important to keep abreast of legal issues affecting the workplace, but it is often difficult to find the time to dedicate to remaining current.
In this fast-paced breakfast seminar, our lawyers will summarize for you the most important employment law and legislative developments from 2018. These short summaries will provide you with a bottom line analysis of the implications of each of these key developments, to help you better understand the current legal landscape as we move ahead into 2019.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Employment Standards Act changes from Bill 148 to Bill 47 to Bill 66: what is gone, what remains, what is new
- Review of other significant employment legislative changes
- What is new in the enforceability of employment contract termination provisions
- Sexual harassment in the workplace
- Update on enforceability of release agreements
- Age discrimination and the provision of benefits
- Damages update
- Other developments
You can attend this Breakfast Seminar in person or via videoconference.
1 CPD Hour for HRPA Members
Contact us for more information regarding your HRPA Continuing Professional Development requirement.