- This event has passed.
Breakfast Seminar Series – Bill 148: Implementation Challenges and Strategies
21 March @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Now that many of the major changes introduced by Bill 148 have taken effect, and additional changes are just around the corner, you may find yourself left with more questions than answers.
Please join us on March 21, 2018, as Porter Heffernan and Adam Gamwell will provide a general overview of the changes, and discuss some of the common, practical questions that have been raised by the employers we work with, including:
- When exactly does an employee with five years’ service get their extra week of vacation?
- How can we best manage the increased costs arising from the new public holiday pay calculation?
- Do we need to give employees two additional Personal Emergency Leave days, or do we already provide a greater right or benefit?
- What does it mean to provide equal pay to full-timers, part-timers and casuals? Do we need to provide the same benefits to all employees?
- How can I change my organization’s policies and practices while minimizing the risk of a constructive dismissal claim?
1 CPD Hour for HRPA Members
Contact us for more information regarding your HRPA Continuing Professional Development requirement.