Employment Agreements and Workplace Policies in the COVID-19 Era
5 May @ 11:00 am - 11:30 am
If the last 14 months have taught us nothing else, it is to expect the unexpected. For employers, the unpredictability of the COVID-19 pandemic has significantly increased the likelihood that they will need to be able to change employees’ working conditions on short notice, temporarily lay employees off, or even permanently terminate employees. Do your current employment agreements and workplace policies allow you to take those actions with cost efficiency and minimal risk, or is it time for an update?
Join J.D. Sharp and Erica Bennett as they host a live virtual discussion on important considerations and best practices relating to introducing new – or updating current – employment agreements and workplace policies to better suit the realities of operating a workplace during the ongoing pandemic. This webinar will follow a “Q&A” format, and topics to be covered by the speakers will include tips and how-tos regarding:
- Making effective use of a probationary period;
- Maximizing your workforce’s flexibility in terms of job duties, hours and work location;
- Ensuring you have the ability to temporarily lay off employees in the event of reduced business or a lockdown/shutdown;
- Avoiding allegations of constructive dismissal when making changes that impact existing employees as opposed to new hires; and
- Limiting your obligations on termination.
- This event is accredited for 0.5 CPD hours for HRPA members.
- This event qualifies for 0.5 substantive hours of the CPD requirement of the LSO.
- To receive your accreditation, you must attend the webinar online, not by telephone.
Please make sure to register here in order to receive the login information:REGISTER