The Path to Pay Equity: How to prepare for the bumps, twists and turns to come
17 September @ 8:30 am - 11:00 am
Expected to come into force in 2020, the new federal proactive Pay Equity Act will require federally-regulated employers to ensure that men and women performing work of equal value are paid equally. While employers have three years from the coming into force of the Act to prepare and post a pay equity plan, they also have a great deal of work ahead of them.
Please join Raquel Chisholm, Carole Piette, Mélissa Lacroix and Carolyn Dunlop as they host a detailed and informative workshop about the Act, its requirements, and what employers should do now to start preparing. They will discuss the pay equity plan process step by step and help federally regulated employers understand their new obligations.
A pay equity consultant, Sandra Haydon, will also provide attendees with practical guidance and advice about both the job evaluation process, a complex but crucial aspect of an employer’s preparation of a pay equity plan, as well as the steps required to conduct the comparisons of compensation.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Establishment of pay equity committees;
- Job class identification;
- Determination of value of work in each job class;
- Calculation and comparison of compensation for each job class;
- Compensation increases;
- Complaints process;
- Negotiating with Unions;
- Impact on previous pay equity exercises and compliance;
- How to start preparing now.
This session will be a forum for employers to come together and ask questions, share experiences, and develop strategic approaches to address their new obligations.
- This event is accredited for 2.5 CPD hours for HRPA members.
- This event qualifies for 2.5 substantive hours of the CPD requirement of the LSO.
You can attend this Workshop in person or via webcast. Please note that tickets are available for purchase until September 13, 3:00 pm ET. Tickets cannot be exchanged and there will be no refunds.
- Individual rate: $275 + HST
- Group rate: $225 + HST per attendee
Please be aware that this event will be recorded. By attending in person, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the privacy statement.