- This event has passed.
Managing the Duty to Accommodate: A Practical Guide
24 March @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Many employers understand the principles of the duty to accommodate under human rights legislation but find that applying those principles in practice can be complex. Navigating the accommodation process can be difficult for employers who are also addressing other issues with an employee, such as absenteeism or performance management. It can also be challenging for an employer to know when termination is an appropriate course of action.
Join Raquel Chisholm and Carolyn Dunlop as they host a practical discussion about the duty to accommodate. Attendees will benefit from their significant experience in advising employers regarding a variety of accommodation issues and situations. Attendees will receive concrete guidance and recommended best practices relating to the duty to accommodate.
Topics to be addressed include the following:
- The duty to accommodate and the employer’s obligations;
- The employee’s obligations during the accommodation process;
- How the duty to accommodate affects:
- The administration of an attendance management program;
- Performance management;
- Discipline; and
- When termination for innocent absenteeism and frustration of contract is appropriate.
- This event is accredited for 1 CPD hour for HRPA members.
- This event qualifies for 1 substantive hour of the CPD requirement of the LSO.
You can attend this Breakfast Seminar in person or via webcast.
Please note that this event will be recorded. By attending in person, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the privacy statement.
Emond Harnden is proud to host this event via webcast for those who cannot attend in person.