- Cet évènement est passé
Human Rights and Accommodation Update (en Anglais)
10 décembre, 2014 @ 7:30 - 9:00
7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Question period to follow
If you would like to attend, kindly RSVP on or before December 8, 2014, by fax at (613) 563-8001 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
This seminar is also available via teleconference. Contact us for more information. The facility is wheelchair accessible. For more information on accessibility needs please contact Julie Levesque at 613-940-2762 // firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Human Resources Professional, you are no doubt aware that the issues surrounding an employer’s duty to accommodate are ever changing and ever expanding.
Given the increased awareness of important human rights issues it is more important than ever for employers to create a work environment that is free of discrimination and accommodates employees’ personal circumstances where applicable.
It is a fine balance that must be maintained; ensuring that employees are accommodated to the point of undue hardship while still making certain that the workplace remains productive.
Our lawyers will review recent issues that are emerging in the continually changing landscape of human rights and accommodation in the workplace.
Topics that will be addressed in this update will include:
- Review and update on recent family status decisions
- Disability or performance issues? Recognition of the employee’s needs in the accommodation process
- Identifying the link between an employee’s medical condition and the requested accommodation
- Clarification of evidence required to establish prima facie discrimination
- Can the employer’s procedural duty to accommodate exist independent of the employer’s substantive duty?
- Review of recent Human Rights Tribunal damages awarded in accommodation and human rights cases