Mark is one of the most noted lawyers in Canada in the field of pensions, benefits and compensation. He established the National Pensions & Benefits Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association. He also founded the Osgoode Certificate Program in pension law.
Emond Harnden appointed Mark Newton as Counsel to the firm as of April 1, 2014. Mark brings over 30 years of experience in pension laws and policies across Canada.
- Founding Chair of National Pensions & Benefits Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association
- Past Chair of National Sections Council of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Bar Association (2013 – 2015)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the CBA Financial Services Corporation (2006 – 2015)
- Founder and Chair of 2-day Osgoode Pension Essentials course (2005 – 2010)
- Founder and Chair of 6-day Osgoode Pension Certificate program (2011 – present)
- Member of Editorial Advisory Board of Benefits & Pensions Monitor (1996 – present)
- Management-side commentator for Lancaster pension and benefit cases
- Speaker at the World Pension Summit (2011 – 2012)
- Speaker at the China Pension Forum (2013 – present)
- Ranked by Chambers and L’Expert